17.9.11

Madrid, Spain II.

First off, my new shoes. What do you think? They were very impulsive because a.) I like them and b.) I could picture having a cool life if I was wearing them. Hopefully they make my life cool. Oh wait, I wore them around Madrid. That was cool. Perfect.

There was a beautiful waterfall in the park.

Retiro Park, Madrid

Retiro Park, Madrid

This park is a giant maze of shrubbery and trees. We ate a picnic and took photos and did some sketching and relaxed. It was also nice to be in the shade because Spain is actually really, really hot these days.

Down the street, the Prado Museum. Spent hours looking at some of my favorite famous works of art. I can't believe I saw Caravaggio, Goya, Rubens, Durer, Velasquez.  I studied all of those painters in Art History and now I actually have seen their works with my own eyes. Professor Swensen would be so pleased.

& I have to include the food. Kebabs and a salad. Delicious.