15.9.11

Luisa


I was sewing a little hole in my dress and Luisa came in and said that it did not look good and proceeded to cut the thread and take out the stitched and insist that she did it. I'll admit, she did a way better job than I did. While we were eating lunch I tried making a joke but I accidentally offended her. It's harder to have a good personality in Spanish. Later tonight she said that she needs to be our moms because our moms are so far away. It was  such a tender moment. I will definitely miss her. Then she proceeded to tell me me that my face looks a lot fatter since I arrived here. She forced me to weigh myself and lovingly told me I've gained weight and that her cooking is making me fat. The tender moment was ruined. I will definitely miss of Luisa.
Today was Luisa's first taste of fry sauce. She likes it.


I honestly still don't know what this food is. It's unlike anything I've ever eaten. At first I didn't know if I should be scared or excited. And I still don't know if I liked it. But secretly I think I really liked it. Luisa bought them at the Chinese store across the street. So far all I know is they are made out of rice. I think the inside is some sort of sesame filling. It is a true mystery. (P.S. Louisa didn't want me to take these pictures because she said the food wasn't pretty enough.)

Luisa takes such good care of us. She is a great house keeper. She likes to re-organize my room for me. She does all of our laundry which is great (even irons our pajamas). Yesterday she got me a plastic cover on my bed just in case I wet the bed. I think I was 4 last time I wet the bed, but oh well. She also loves to help me look my best all the time by telling me that my shirts are wrinkly or that my hair is still too long. She always has me pull my hair back for every meal. Even my bangs (which are growing out nicely for those of you who remember the bang incident of 2011). Luisa wants everything to look its very best; she even dyes the food bright colors so it will look beautiful. Luisa puts food in our mouths for us if she doesn't think we've eaten enough. She doesn't let us do the dishes and she makes us great cakes. Cheers to Luisa!



Luisa makes the most amazing cakes ever. In Spanish it is called "bollo." They are amazing mainly because they are made with so much love, corn flour, and we eat them fresh out of the oven. She is so great. And the best part about making the bollo today was that there was a grass hopper in the kitchen and Luisa whacked it with all her might with a broom literally 80 times. After the first 30 whacks I thought the next one would be the last - but it never was. Finally I handed her a napkin and she picked it up and threw it out the window. And then we kept on with baking the bollo. I was laughing hysterically at the grass hopper's presence and then its painful absence. Just as I am writing this blog Luisa is watching tele right beside me. She just started laughing hysterically at the program she was watching. It was making me laugh, too. I recorded it on my phone. I can honestly say that I love Luisa. I say this because after doing some soul-searching (Santander beach sunrise) I realized that I should tell more people that I love them because love is a great thing. So if you're reading this post, the odds are really high that I love you. Second, I love Luisa because she is so kind to me and takes such good care of me. So if I want to be loved I have to be kind to other people and learn how to make really good bollo. Good thing I wrote down the recipe.