6.10.11

Madrid, Spain III





Rastro Market, Madrid. It was amazing. My favorite part (besides the baffled spongebob balloon owner) was all of the cute clothes I bought which are going to make my suitcase really heavy. And I also loved the old lady to the right. I went and talked to her for a few minutes. I probably want to be her when I grow up because she was really nice and she creates beautiful works of art. I wanted to buy one of her paintings but I accidentally spent all my money on clothes. (You guys, I got some really great things.)

Okay, the Reina Sofia Museum may or may not be better than the Prado Museum. It's a close one. Basically I was really inspired after the Reina Sofia, and I probably want the entire third floor's collection hanging in my future house. It was so fun! Wow. Everything is fun here. I feel like I have the new best day of my life every new day!


There was a man who lives in this apartment waiting for us to take the picture so he could go into his house. Hence the awkward surprised pose in the photo. However, the door was beautiful and I had to capture this day to remember it always. 
Now I'm going to make a list about how much I loved today (it started out as a sentence but I loved today too much that now I have to make a list):
  • The sun was shining so perfectly and the weather was not too hot or too cold. 
  • I wore the boots that Luisa just gave me. Her daughter did not want them anymore - lucky day, right? I got three pairs of great new shoes for free! It's because my aura attracts cheap/free things.
  • Our class got let out early! Plus I love my grammar teacher because she rambles and she has a great personality. 
  • My wonderful mother sent me really cute postcards that I hung on my wall. Receiving those definitely added to the quality of my day. (Mom, you're the best.)
  • We ate a delicious lunch of tuna (Spain tuna is amazing) and pasta and Manchego cheese (I want my wedding cake made out of Manchego cheese).
  • Then we went to the bus stop and the weather was still amazing and I felt like everything I looked at was so beautiful - even the man picking his nose as he drove by. Oh and there was a really mini old little blue car that I wanted to put in my suitcase to bring home with me - why not, it's already going to weigh a ton! (literally, it could weight a ton.)
  • The train ride to Madrid was great. Megan and I had a casual heart to heart and we ate a delicious mandarin (the fruit here is amazing).
  • The Reina Sofia Museum matches my lifestyle so I loved everything there. 
  • After the museum, Megan and I bought chocolate milkshakes (with whipped cream on top) and ate them on a cute little table on the plaza and there were birds flying all around us and interesting people everywhere and Mary Poppins singing "Feed the Birds"...actually Mary Poppins wasn't there but she could have been that's how unreal life is!
  • We got home and ate some fruit and cookies.
  • Then Luisa came home cooked us/commanded us to eat more delicious food and then told me I had to finish off the rest of the whipped cream from the can which was easy since I love whipped cream (it will top my Manchego cheese wedding cake - my two favorite things)
  • I bought a great new CD for our weekend trip to Avila, Salamanca & Valladolid. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning.
  • Then we ate some flan.

I'm thinking serious thoughts as I eat a delicious breakfast tortilla. It's a crepe and pancake fused together. Definite favorite.