22.10.11

Yelle Live in Madrid!

I cannot believe I saw Yelle live. Amazing. I realized I have so many great memories of Yelle. I'm getting sentimental so I'll share one of those memories. The first time I did poorly on a test at BYU (and the last...just kidding) I was traumatized and so my cousin Nicki and I drove up to the top of the Zion's Bank parking structure in Provo and had a private dance party to Yelle. It was one of my top 5 dance parties. I wish Nicki could have danced with me at Yelle. One of the many great events of the night was when I asked this stranger (pictured above) to take a photo of us because Brittan and I forgot our cameras! And the kind stranger actually remembered to email me this photo. What a great guy. Oh and the other great part about asking this stranger to take our picture was that he spoke English. And 5 mins into our conversation with them Brittan asked me "Wait, what language are they speaking?" It was really loud in there.

 
For those of you who aren't familiar with Yelle, their most popularly known for "tecktonik" dancing (which is all the rage in Europe). This is the video which first introduced me to Yelle.


 

And this is a video from the concert (found on YouTube). Good thing everyone else remembered their cameras.  I was there you guys! Dancing tecktonik in the corner.