6.11.11

Valladolid

So determined to get where he's going.



 Brittan taking my picture...

We tried to take a picture of ourselves on those modern benches that were in a random park, so we hung Brittan's camera in the tree. But we couldn't get a good shot. Probably because the wind was moving the camera all over the place. And also probably because the camera was dangling from a tree branch.

I bought this antique coupon circa 1939. I think it's rad. Plus it's from Alcala de Henares which is where I'm living, so it's a perfect souvenir/keepsake.

You'll never guess what was in this random giant dome building...
 A stamp museum! It was so cool. There were so many really, really old stamps & letters. I sneakily snapped this picture.
It was a blustery day, and so we decided something warm would be nice. Luckily we wandered right into this little hot chocolate & churro shop. The best part was when the man asked us if we wanted the hot chocolate to go because we could take it far around the town. And Brittan replied "Somos de los Estados Unidos." The waiter and his friend BUSTED UP laughing. They bent over because they were laughing so hard. We did, too. Brittan thought he was asking if we were from far away. Sometimes it's hard to understand what people are saying in a different language. Another small random funny story that doesn't relate. I was sick & really out of it. Luisa said she'd make me some orange juice. She told me to go get the oranges from the pantry, so I wandered into the pantry... I could not see the oranges. I either a.) fell asleep or b.) forgot what I was looking for because I was zombified in the pantry for about 5 minutes. Luisa came in and asked me what the heck I was doing. She pointed to the oranges which were literally right in front of me. I was so out of it! It's because she fed me mysterious medicine for my illness that I am 99% sure had some sort of sleep inducing something in it. Anyways, I hope you at least smiled at that story.

Please tell me this is the cutest outfit you've ever seen a little boy wear.

Building hugger. Is that the opposite of a tree hugger? Because it's embracing what caused all the trees to be cut down...Wait, I just termed a new phrase. Okay, I copy right building hugger. Done. Copyrighted.